Saturday, January 29, 2011

Museums and Book Shops oh my

I spent a fun day in the company of my best friend Mariel from Where Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops. We went to the big Forbidden Planet store in London which is filled with sci-fi, fantasy, anime, manga, comic books and graphic novels. We had a lovely lunch in Neils Yard and headed to the Victoria and Albert museum.





Not a great one of me but Mariel looks cute.





Sculpture in the V&A which makes it look like the figures are coming out of the stone.





Tiny Japanese miniature.





Inner court.





Steps.





The Frog Princess from a fountain.





My favourite sculpture there, Eve. She looks so innocent and beautiful.

Next was pizza in China Town and Londons largest independent book shop Foyles.





Me wants the precious book. Next time it will be mine.





Under the Chinese New Year decorations that were being put up with my purchases.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. i love that forbidden planet but i always forget where about it is, im terrible for getting lost in london. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah let me know when you want to go and we can go together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...Mariel is ADORABLE :D And so are you of course, my dear!! Love these pics..especially the Eve sculpture..it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris get yourself to London pronto and I'll introduce you.

    ReplyDelete